The Château Malromé is located in the region of Entre Deux Mers, between two rivers: the Dordogne and the Garonne. Malromé is built in a basin of greenery in the commune Saint-André-du-Bois. It is a hilly cradle, surrounded by the fields, the woods and the vines. It is also surrounded by many famous chateaux, such as Château d’Yquem.
The Château Malromé is part of the historic jewels in Gironde. The first signs of the château and its vineyard date back to the 16th century with the construction of the “noble house of Taste” by Etienne de Rostéguy de Lancre, member of the Bordeaux parliament and the lord of Saint-Macaire and Rauzan.
Around 1780, the château was sold to Catherine de Forcade, widow of Baron de Malromé. She renamed this château in memory of her husband.
In 1847, the château was transmitted to Jean de Forcade, president of the Council of State under Napoléon III, and to his half-brother, the Marshal of Saint-Arnaud, governor of Paris and the minister of the War. Both of them had restored the château “according to Viollet-le-Duc” in a neo-renaissance style.
In 1883, the Countess Adèle de Toulouse-Lautrec purchased this area because of its proximity to Verdelais, an important site of pilgrimage. The architecture of the château features a main building marked by an impressive rectangular tower in its center. It is flanked by two round towers at its ends. Three wings set at right angles, from which two are joint, fully close the court. The château, covering 2800 m2, is situated in a large park which was planted in 19th century.